Baked Salmon and Potatoes with Green Beans
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 35 minutes | Total time: about 45 minutes
- 1 salmon fillet (~3 lbs)
- 1.5 pound bag of baby rainbow potatoes (if in a flare- choose larger potatoes & peel the skin off)
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons ground thyme
- 2 teaspoons ground rosemary
- Salt/pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic infused olive oil
- Zest of a lemon
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- While the oven is preheating, cut the potatoes into bite-sized pieces (and peel off the skin if in a flare or following a low fiber diet) and place onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil onto the potatoes and season with 1 teaspoon ground rosemary, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in the oven & bake for about 25 minutes, or until they start to carmelize, mixing them around about halfway through.
- Place a steamer basket into a large saucepan and fill with water so that the water line is just below the steamer and bring to a boil.
- While the water is heating and the potatoes are baking, place the salmon, skin side down, in a parchment paper lined baking pan.
- Spread mustard on top and season with the thyme, the remaining teaspoon of rosemary, and salt and pepper.
- Place the salmon in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes or until just cooked through.
- While the salmon and potatoes are cooking, add green beans into the steamer basket and cook until they’re very soft (about 6 minutes).
- Once cooked, add the green beans into a bowl and mix in the garlic infused olive oil, zest of a lemon, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the skin of the salmon prior to consuming and serve with the potatoes and green beans.