Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 25 minutes | Total time: 45 minutes
- 1 tablespoon garlic-infused olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken/turkey
- 1 package of gluten free spaghetti
- 4 stalks green onion (dice green stalks)
- ½ orange, juiced
- 28 oz canned diced tomatoes
- 4 oz tomato paste
- 1 zucchini (quartered lengthwise)
- 1 yellow squash (quartered lengthwise)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ cup grated parmesan* optional
- Salt/pepper (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Chop zucchini and squash into bite sized pieces & spread across a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Cook in the oven for about 20 minutes mixing the squash around about halfway through. The squash should be starting to caramelize when down.
- While the squash is cooking, cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
- In a saucepan on medium-high heat, add oil and ground meat.
- Add green onion whites, juice of orange, canned tomatoes, tomato paste, parmesan, basil, and oregano. Season with salt/pepper to taste and sauté until the meat is cooked through.
- Add pasta to plate and top with meat sauce and squash.