Best Spaghetti Recipe for Crohn's or Colitis
Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 25 minutes | Total time: 45 minutes
- 1 tablespoon garlic-infused olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken/turkey
- 1 package of gluten free spaghetti
- 4 stalks green onion (dice green stalks)
- ½ orange, juiced
- 28 oz canned diced tomatoes
- 4 oz tomato paste
- 1 zucchini (quartered lengthwise)
- 1 yellow squash (quartered lengthwise)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ cup grated parmesan* optional
- Salt/pepper (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Chop zucchini and squash into bite sized pieces & spread across a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Cook in the oven for about 20 minutes mixing the squash around about halfway through. The squash should be starting to caramelize when down.
- While the squash is cooking, cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
- In a saucepan on medium-high heat, add oil and ground meat.
- Add green onion whites, juice of orange, canned tomatoes, tomato paste, parmesan, basil, and oregano. Season with salt/pepper to taste and sauté until the meat is cooked through.
- Add pasta to plate and top with meat sauce and squash.
More IBD Resources:
The Flare Fighter Recipe Book
We've put together this 40+ page recipe book to give you some ideas for what to eat when you have IBD. These recipes are designed to be quick, simple, and delicious. We hope you enjoy them! Download the recipe book at the link below.
The IBD Starter Kit
An essential self-advocacy guide for people with IBD and their caregivers. We designed this Starter Kit with you in mind, to save you time and give you the tools you need to be your own best healthcare advocate. Download the Starter Kit at the link below.