Flare Friendly Miso Ramen Soup
Miso Ramen Soup
Flare-Friendly Miso Ramen Soup
A protein-rich, comforting soup that pairs well with a movie night at home
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
- 8 eggs, soft boiled
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoon miso paste
- 1 box rice noodles*
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 x 10 oz bag shredded carrots
- ½ box chopped oyster mushrooms
- 1.5 tbsp garlic-infused olive oil**
- 3 tbsp chopped scallions***
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons tahini paste
- 1 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce****
- Fresh cilantro leaves
*Choose from rice ramen noodles or buckwheat soba noodles
**Substitution option: 2 cloves garlic or shallots
***Substitution option: chives
****Substitution option: coconut aminos
- Fill a large pot with water and put over high heat to cook the noodles.
- While waiting for the noodle pot to boil, heat 2 tbsp of sesame oil in a medium-sized pot.
- Add garlic-infused olive oil, ginger, mushrooms, and scallions. Stir on medium heat until slightly golden. Then, add turmeric and tahini paste.
- Add shredded carrots, miso paste and juice of 1 lime. Add broth.
- Reduce heat to simmer while you slowly submerge eggs into pot making sure they're spread out in one layer and that they're covered by 1 inch of broth then turn it back up to boil but not a rolling boil. Cook eggs for 6-7 minutes.
- While the eggs are cooking, prepare ice bath for eggs in a large bowl.
- Once the eggs are done cooking, carefully remove them from the pot and directly into the ice bath to stop the cooking.
- Then, carefully remove the shells.
Directions for Ramen Bowls:
- Add cooked noodles to a serving bowl.
- Pour warm broth mixture over the cooked noodles.
- Garnish with extra chopped scallions or chives and soft boiled egg. Juice the other lime for additional flavor. Top with gluten-free soy sauce and fresh cilantro leaves. Enjoy!
More IBD Resources:
The Flare Fighter Recipe Book
We've put together this 40+ page recipe book to give you some ideas for what to eat when you have IBD. These recipes are designed to be quick, simple, and delicious. We hope you enjoy them! Download the recipe book at the link below.
The IBD Starter Kit
An essential self-advocacy guide for people with IBD and their caregivers. We designed this Starter Kit with you in mind, to save you time and give you the tools you need to be your own best healthcare advocate. Download the Starter Kit at the link below.