Flare Friendly Miso Ramen Soup
Miso Ramen Soup
Flare-Friendly Miso Ramen Soup
A protein-rich, comforting soup that pairs well with a movie night at home
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
- 8 eggs, soft boiled
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoon miso paste
- 1 box rice noodles*
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 x 10 oz bag shredded carrots
- ½ box chopped oyster mushrooms
- 1.5 tbsp garlic-infused olive oil**
- 3 tbsp chopped scallions***
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons tahini paste
- 1 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce****
- Fresh cilantro leaves
*Choose from rice ramen noodles or buckwheat soba noodles
**Substitution option: 2 cloves garlic or shallots
***Substitution option: chives
****Substitution option: coconut aminos
- Fill a large pot with water and put over high heat to cook the noodles.
- While waiting for the noodle pot to boil, heat 2 tbsp of sesame oil in a medium-sized pot.
- Add garlic-infused olive oil, ginger, mushrooms, and scallions. Stir on medium heat until slightly golden. Then, add turmeric and tahini paste.
- Add shredded carrots, miso paste and juice of 1 lime. Add broth.
- Reduce heat to simmer while you slowly submerge eggs into pot making sure they're spread out in one layer and that they're covered by 1 inch of broth then turn it back up to boil but not a rolling boil. Cook eggs for 6-7 minutes.
- While the eggs are cooking, prepare ice bath for eggs in a large bowl.
- Once the eggs are done cooking, carefully remove them from the pot and directly into the ice bath to stop the cooking.
- Then, carefully remove the shells.
Directions for Ramen Bowls:
- Add cooked noodles to a serving bowl.
- Pour warm broth mixture over the cooked noodles.
- Garnish with extra chopped scallions or chives and soft boiled egg. Juice the other lime for additional flavor. Top with gluten-free soy sauce and fresh cilantro leaves. Enjoy!