IBD-Friendly Sheet Pan Tofu & Veggies
IBD-Friendly Sheet Pan Tofu with Veggies
(Makes 4 servings)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 x 16 oz. pack firm tofu, drained, patted dry, & cubed
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cups green beans, trimmed & halved
- 1 cup red onions, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon garlic infused olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil, separated
- 1 tsp dried oregano*
- 1 tbsp. paprika*
- 1 tsp. salt*
- 1 tsp. black pepper*
- Instead of green beans, bell pepper, and/or onion, substitute any well-tolerated non-starchy veggies of your choice
- Instead of garlic and avocado oil, use 2-3 tbsp of a garlic-infused olive oil
- Instead of dried oregano, use 1 tsp of dried thyme or marjoram
- Instead of tofu, use tempeh, chickpeas, or cubed chicken (chicken may take 15-20 mins, depending on the size and thickness of the pieces)
- Instead of paprika, use 1 tsp of salt-free cajun seasoning or mild chili powder (if tolerated)
- Instead of salt and/or pepper, use 1 tsp of your favorite all-purpose seasoning
- Preheat your oven to 450ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl, combine 2 tbsp of the oil, garlic, and all the seasonings. Mix well.
- Add the tofu and toss to coat. Transfer to your lined baking sheet and spread tofu evenly on one side of the pan.
- Add green beans, bell pepper, and onion to the same bowl and toss with the last tbsp of oil. Transfer to the baking sheet, spreading evenly on the opposite side of the tofu.
- Place your pan in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Divide onto plates and serve with rice, quinoa, or grain of your choice. Enjoy!
- Leftovers should keep for 3 days in a refrigerated airtight container
- Pairs well with rice, quinoa, barley, or potatoes
More IBD Resources:
The Flare Fighter Recipe Book
We've put together this 40+ page recipe book to give you some ideas for what to eat when you have IBD. These recipes are designed to be quick, simple, and delicious. We hope you enjoy them! Download the recipe book at the link below.
The IBD Starter Kit
An essential self-advocacy guide for people with IBD and their caregivers. We designed this Starter Kit with you in mind, to save you time and give you the tools you need to be your own best healthcare advocate. Download the Starter Kit at the link below.